Lend a hand! We are seeking Farmers Market Volunteers
Position: Farmers Market Volunteer
Organization: South Boston Neighborhood Development Corporation
Location: South Boston
Volunteers have a critical role in the success of the South Boston Farmers Market. Consider lending a hand!
The South Boston Neighborhood Development Corporation (SBNDC) is looking for an outgoing, reliable individual who is interested in food and community to assist the Market Manager with the South Boston Farmers Market (SBFM) this season. The Market Volunteer will assist the Market Manager during busy times of the market by helping with set up, breakdown, and sales.
Help build your community, and have some fun!
Some things you might be asked to help with:
- Staff the SBFM tent
- Operate the EBT/SNAP program (Boston Bounty Bucks) -document each EBT transaction into the SBFM Daily Logs
- Assist vendors, community representatives and customers by providing market-related information
- Enforce market rules
- Arrive at market before opening to coordinate market set-up
- Coordinate vendor parking and set-up, ensuring vendors are in the correct space
- Assist vendors with sales while they are busy setting up
- Place signs promoting the market at the SBFM and around the community at key locations prior to opening on each market day
- Occasionally assist vendors by providing limited set up help.
- Stay at market until all vendors have left to coordinate market closing
- Tent breakdown
- Remove signs
The South Boston Farmers Market is held every Monday from 12:00pm to 6:00pm, from June 1st through October 26th (closed on holidays). Preferably, Market Volunteers are able to commit to a regular shift throughout the season. We are looking for help for two shifts: from 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM, and 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM. These are the busiest times of a market day. To learn more, please get in touch with Louisa Gag at firstname.lastname@example.org.